Some Awesome People

Friday, February 5, 2016

make this place your home

Today has been a day of going back to old interests that I didn't want a part of before, lost in a spiral of stormy days and writing about sadness. Today it's been folky music, photography, and watching a movie with my sister. Today I've been dreaming again.

I discovered this song and it was love at first listen. The "anywhere I go there you are" turning into "there you are... there you are" strikes a chord in me for some reason - I'm not sure why.

("Fire and the Flood" by Vance Joy)


I'm going to post a whole lot of photos that make me happy. They can all be found on my photography tag on my tumblr blog. (And here's my folk/alternative songs you can listen to while scrolling through them all: Riptide | After the Storm | Hold Back the River | Home)
























All of these pictures just catch my heart. My medieval literature teacher gave us an article to read about nostalgia. It was all about how nostalgia was "a ghost" ... and really, just a negative outlook on it. But I think nostalgia is a friendly ghost - at least for me. Especially when I have the hope that I can experience all the things in these photos, someday. That's the feeling that folk music gives me.

I've written some pretty depressing things in my journal. But lately, it's been more about sunshine and rain and poetry about flying.


Love,
<3 Anna


Hold on to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along

Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm gonna make this place your home

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble—it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

("Home" by Phillip Phillips)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D