Some Awesome People

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Thoughts about Doctor Who

Something came to my attention today.

I thought,

It's weird because with some TV show episodes, I watch it a second time and I think, "Nah... not as good as it was the first time." And then there are episodes like "The Name of the Doctor" and no matter how many times I watch it, I'm still going to be an emotional wreck - laughing, crying, and rocking back and forth all through it - and it's good that nobody's home because otherwise my family would be wondering if they need to take me to a psychiatrist.

I get feels just listening to this music. Actually, more than that - I tear up and die a little inside and if there weren't other people in the house I would be curled up in fetal position on the floor sobbing.

~ A Secret He Will Take to His Grave ~


It's no lie that "The Name of the Doctor" is one of the most brilliant episodes of Doctor Who that I have ever seen. We get the great humour, mostly from Strax... we find out the answers to one of the most genius story arcs that Moffat has ever written... and, most of all, there's so much feeling.

That's why Doctor Who is so close to my heart. Yeah, you need to be a fan of sci-fi to get into the show. But once you're in, it's not the sci-fi that keeps me in. It's the important lessons, the friendship and love, and, most of all, the brilliant but also sad feelings that lift you up and crush you at the same time. It's episodes like "The Name of the Doctor" show what good television should always be.

So I suppose this is my belated (very belated) post celebrating 50 years of Doctor Who, as I've finished all of the new Who and am now starting with the classics, right from the very episode of the 1st Doctor (and I already have my own little ships - aka Barbara and Ganatus).


So here are some of the greatest scenes of DW (in my humble opinion). As you will notice, I only have scenes from series 7 here. That's because these scenes would be on the top of my list... as well as the fact that I don't have a whole lot of time to be adding more scenes.


The Rings of Akhaten


The Name of the Doctor



The Day of the Doctor


The Time of the Doctor
It looks like every time I upload only one scene from 
Doctor Who, the video gets blocked. There are no proper videos 
on YouTube of the pre-regeneration speech scene...
so I guess this is a placeholder then.


6 comments:

  1. Eleven is my favorite Doctor. I don't get the hype about Ten..... I KNOW I'M MAKING ENEMIES WITH THAT SENTENCE! but I mean... no. I LOVE Ten. I think Ten was brilliant! But he wasn't anything better than Nine or Eleven.... and I'm sad that they don't get as much like.... you feel me? XD

    That speech from the Rings of Akhaten made me SOB LIKE A FOOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well it's okay with me. I used to be TEN ALL THE WAY BABY, but after getting through Eleven, I'm not sure anymore...

      Oh yes.

      Oh yes.

      Delete
  2. Very true what you said about the sad feelings that also lift you up. :') I haven't rewatched my saddest DW episodes but I was just as excited the second time watching The Day of the Doctor (and cried watching a lego version??). This show is amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THERE'S A LEGO VERSION??????????!!!!!!!!!!

      That it is. :)

      Delete
    2. It's just a few scenes but here it is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzt8ZCGUKIo

      Delete
    3. That is really good! :D Wow wow wow I love it!!!! <3

      Delete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D