Some Awesome People

Monday, May 26, 2014

Alice in Bookland

Cait and Mime's blog is turning three, so they're throwing an Alice in Wonderland themed party! *brings out the confetti and cake* Soooo...I'm going to answer the book-y tag for Day #1.



1. Just Alice: What book cover(s) has made you super curious? Ooooh...hmm. I don't think I've ever paid THAT much attention to a book cover before. I think I should do so in the future.
2. Mad Hatter: List the craziest character(s) you've ever read. Smeagol, obviously.
3. Red Queen, Off With Your Head! What book have you felt like beheading? Twilight...even though I haven't read it.
4. White Rabbit: What books or series have been insanely popular but you've been "late" to pick them up? The Help!! :) Well, if it's insanely popular. I don't know. I don't read a lot of popular books.
5. Caterpillar: What's the most confusing book you've read? Towards the Gleam...but that was only because it took some time to understand what was really going on there. But it wasn't really that confusing...and it certainly was fabulous! Anyone who loves Tolkien must read it!
6. Dormouse: What was the last book that sent you to sleep? Well, I've read introductions that were extremely boring, but I've never found a book boring. Well, except for when I tried Jane Eyre several years ago and stopped soon into it because it just couldn't get to the storrrrry! I still have yet to try it again.
7. Cheshire Cat: Book that made you laugh and smile? Is it supposed to be the LAST book that made me laugh and smile? If so, Reawakened because it reminded me of scenes from one of my favourite TV shows. If any, then I will always turn back to my beloved The Lord of the Rings.
8. Knave of Hearts: Most recent character who stole your heart? Gisela in The Captive Maiden...in a FRIENDLY way, boys and girls!
9. Jabberwocky: Best villain you've read this year? The problem is, I've only just started reading for the year because school was so busy. *sobs* But I'll go with the villain in The Captive Maiden because he was pretty good... Mr. Whatshisname.
10. Down the Rabbit Hole: What's the latest book/series/author that's completely swallowed your interest? Melanie Dickerson. I recently read her book The Captive Maiden and absolutely loved it. Check out my review of it here.

2 comments:

  1. I had trouble with Jane Eyre too! Actually...to be honest, it kind of freaked me out! Um, CHILD ABUSE. x) Ooh but Reawakened sounds really good! I love a funny read. (The LOTR movies always make me laugh...not so much the books, but I do mean to finish that series one day. Maybe. lol!)
    Thanks so much for linking up with us, Alyianna!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...it wasn't so much funny in itself, more in that it evoked amusement from memories of the TV show. :)

      Delete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D