Some Awesome People

Thursday, March 6, 2014

3 Kids' Activities Ideas for Lent

As I come from a homeschooling family, I thought it would be a good idea to start posting some activities for children on this blog. :) And what better time to start than the present? As I don't have a lot of time today, I'm just going to post a couple of ideas for Lent that I found from the Internet.


~People I'm Praying for Craft~
While your child may not be ready for giving up something for Lent, you can start
instilling those good practices by having him or her praying for certain things or people this Lent.

I could only find a picture for this one, no instructions, but it looks pretty simple. You can help your child trace his or her hands on a piece of paper. Print out a small picture of clasped praying hands to glue the two together from here. Your child can write "People I'm Praying For" on the praying hands picture, and the names of those people (or places, or items) on the fingers.


~"Stained-Glass" Cross Craft~
Jesus died on the Cross for us on Good Friday. Your child can make his/her own pretty cross.
You will need black paper, paper scraps in various colours, glue, and scissors for this craft. You or your child can cut out the cross and paper squares/rectangles depending on your child's age. Source.


~Give Back Bucket List~

I think this "giving" idea is great for kids. This activity will involve the whole family and help you grow in your spiritual life together. Find out how to do it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D