Some Awesome People

Friday, February 7, 2014

~a place where you may feast your soul with beautiful music~

“Where words leave off, music begins.”
― Heinrich Heine

"Music can lift up the soul to God."
- my mom

“Music is the universal language of mankind.” 
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.” 
Maria von Trapp

“Music is an agreeable harmony for the honor of God and the permissible delights of the soul.” 
― Johann Sebastian Bach


So here, without further ado, are some of my favourite musical pieces. I apologize for the fact that most of them are from soundtracks...but A. Those are some of the pieces which I think are the most beautiful and B. That's what I'm in the mood for right now. Enjoy. :)



~Ubi Caritas~
There's this other piece that I absolutely love that starts and ends with 
a drone with the guys who sing bass, but I can't remember it's name. :-/ 
I promise to post it as soon as I find it!


~The Battle of the Pelennor Fields~


~The Long Song~
Starts at 0:20. One of the most beautiful pieces from Doctor Who
in my humble opinion.


~Now We Are Free~
I decided to go with the original this time because the music is lovely in this one.


~Only the Beginning of an Adventure~


~O Sacred Head Surrounded~
It's sad, but this is one of my favourite Church music hymns. Ever.


~Melody Pond~


~Rumpelstiltskin in Love~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D