Some Awesome People

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

How Can I Boost My Metabolism?

Ask the Diet Doctor: How Can I Boost My Metabolism?

By  Mike Roussell, PhD



Q: "How can I boost my metabolism? Can eating certain foods help?"

A: You may be surprised to know that the whole idea of "metabolism-boosting foods" is generally a myth perpetuated via hype and the marketing of different diet products and services. While there are a few foods that can increase your calorie burning, including hot peppers, cold water, and green tea, the effects are small, and thus they should be secondary fat-burning strategies, not primary ones.

Small reductions in your metabolism while dieting are inevitable, but here’s the secret to stoking your metabolic fire: The best way to speed up your metabolism is not to crash it in the first place. (...)

Continue reading: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D