Some Awesome People

Monday, October 7, 2013

Shades of Grey --- Is this the End?

Hook gives Emma something very special.
Do you remember that post a while back when I first discovered Once Upon a Time, and then believed that I would not be allowed to watch it? Well, it's all come down to this - my dad has pretty much said no. He watched the first episode of the third season, "The Heart of the Truest Believer". He says that he hates all the anti-heroes, villains being shown as heroes (Hook, Rumpelstiltskin, etc.), and good people being shown as bad (Peter Pan, the Lost Boys).



I tried to explain.

Maybe most of those fans rejoice at people like Hook doing bad things. But I don't. I've always seen Hook as a villain, and I'm going to do so until he changes (which I do see him doing - we saw his sentimental side with the dagger he kept all these years from Bae). And by the way - I don't think Hook and Regina and Rumpelstiltskin were shown as heroes in Episode 1 of Season 3. Not at all.

Rumple takes care of Bae
Maybe I don't see Rumpelstiltskin as a villain, but I don't see him as a hero, either. I see him as a messed-up individual like myself. Of course, I've never done things quite as bad as the things we've seen Rumple doing, but then again, I don't have an evil curse over me. ;) But, like Belle, I've seen the man behind the beast, and I've enjoyed seeing Rumple turning more towards the good. I was extremely shocked when I saw a video clip yesterday when Rumple killed Tamara for killing his son (then again, I didn't quite believe Tamara when she said she didn't know who she was working for and she didn't mean to do anything to Neal/Bae - --SPOILER THOUGHT ALERT-- he loses his magic and he comes to terms with himself, no longer being the Dark One. (Come on?! "The boy will be your undoing." He's not going to die. He's going to lose his status as Dark One. His magic.)
because she definitely did! - but that's not the point) -- but I know he's going to regret his actions. Especially when

And I can see Peter Pan as being a villain. He was always a mischievous sort, wasn't he? And look what magic can do to people with pure hearts like Snow!

And you know what? I was extremely happy when I found out about Once Upon a Time because I haven't seen anything like this before, where bad actions are shown BUT they are shown that they are bad. Those are my type of stories. All my characters are messed-up but realize their past mistakes. Because that's how life really is. I may have even gone on a spiritual journey with OUAT.

Emma & Henry
I kept my "depths-of-despair" moments bottled up inside me last night, and now that it is the morning, I feel that I can say, like Peter, "Don't worry, [Lu]. It's not so bad as I thought it would be." Perhaps God just wants me to concentrate on schoolwork for now.

But just because I can't see Belle help Rumple heal his soul or what happens to poor Henry or Emma and Neal's reunion doesn't mean I'm going to stop thinking about these characters, re-watching video clips I've already seen, etc. Because that would take a big hole out of me. And maybe I'll write the stories of these characters made so beloved to me, as how I think it will happen.



Philip & Aurora find Bae...?! Now THAT is really cool. :D
Emma's the only one who can find Henry (or so Pan tells her) and Rumple went off to find Henry even though he knows "the boy will be his undoing" (earlier on)...... So I can totally imagine Pan fighting Rumple and Emma finds Henry and that suddenly makes Rumple lose his power so Pan overpowers him and injures him very badly but Hook and Mulan show up (Aurora, Philip and Neal run over to where Emma and Henry are) and fight off Pan. Pan falls over the edge of a cliff, but so does Mulan (come on, she was in love with Philip and he's Aurora's! So I have no more use for her), and Hook is injured like Rumple was. Emma turns around and sees that Neal is alive, and they have a very happy reunion. Regina heals Hook, and then
I did really want to
see Think though...
maybe renounces her magic like Henry thinks she should (and maaaaybe I'll pair up Regina and Hook since things seem to point that way). Belle shows up (come on, who doesn't believe she could get some way to Neverland by hersel....I KNOW! Jefferson showed her how to!!! He's still alive.....right???) and runs towards where Rumple is on the edge of death. Rumple gasps something like, "You came!" and "At least I got to see you once last time...and you got to see me in my true condition. I may still be a coward, but at least I'm no longer the Dark One." And then Belle will start sobbing that she loves him and Regina is like, "Darn it, why didn't I wait one more moment before I got rid of my magical powers" and then Belle gives Rumple the true love's kiss - which OF COURSE heals him and everyone lives happily ever after as soon as they get back to the Fairytale World and maybe fight off some bad guys who have taken over it because we need some more drama. ;)

*sighs happily*



that phone call when Rumple thinks he's going to die and 
he needs to talk to Belle one last time even though she doesn't
 remember him because of *COUGH* Regina *COUGH*


I may even share these stories with all of you, if you're interested! (I will start from the beginning for those of you who don't know the story.) But I have an important question to ask -- should I put them on my writing blog, or move all my writing here? Because I do feel as if I could write again... I feel the life returning to me... [end of quote from Aslan]

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's sad, Alyianna. :(

    I'm really impressed at the way you're taking it, I mean, I'd be a little mad if my dad decided that I couldn't watch it.

    I don't think Hook is portrayed as a hero. He's not really a villain either though, he's more like a.... he's totally out for himself. (He's GORGEOUS though. LOL. AND he's Irish AND he's a Catholic in real life, so that makes me like him more.)

    Rumple, I dunno. I can't decide about him. I think he's almost a hero, but he's definitely not one yet. He needs to work on redeeming himself.

    I sort of skimmed this post, since I'm only a little over halfway through s2, but I just wanted to let you know that you are a really good daughter to accept it like that. *pats back* good job. :D ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Treskie. It means a lot to me that you'd say that and it actually made me cry a little. You're so profound. :P

      Is he? *goes to Wikipedia on a hunt*

      Delete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D