Some Awesome People

Monday, September 30, 2013

I'm Watching Pride & Prejudice 1995

This TV show is AMAZING. I mean, it's so close to the books and all! I haven't watched a movie/TV show that was so utterly perfect since Anne of Green Gables. The show is more like reading the book than watching an adaptation, the characters all look and act perfectly in character, etc.

I told my dad this and he says: "Well, you've obviously not watched many BBC adaptations."

ANY MORE?!?!

Elizabeth Bennet is just so Elizabeth. At the beginning of the show, I didn't care for Mr. Darcy's looks too much, but now I understand why everyone says



Flawed characters who turn to virtue later on are THE BEST. EVER.

*sighs* I'm just loving this book and TV show way too much.


<3

Mrs. Bennet has me in hysterics as much as M. & Mme. Thenardier in Les Mis

I love the portrayal of the sister relationship between Lizzy and Jane.

In fact, the only thing I don't like in this show is that the girl's necklines are a little too low - especially Lydia (but then, Lydia is Lydia).


P.S. Mr. Bingley is very handsome...as he should be. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D