Some Awesome People

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Where I've Been All Week (Part One)

I thought I'd tell y'all what I've been up to all week. I'm sure you've all noticed that I've only posted once or twice this week - and before I go onto the details of why, I just wanted to let you all know that my blog may continue to be like this. I'm going to college in the fall, as you probably all know by now, so I don't know how my posting is going to work. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. :-/

So...on to my week. You see, I've been volunteering at this Vacation Bible School camp run by this Catholic church close to where we live. (Mia was one of the campers, and happened to be in my group.) It was a lot of fun. Last year, I didn't know the campers too well, and I mostly hung out with my fellow group leaders, my friend Chris from school and a guy I knew from youth group, Jordan. No other girl leaders. :( This year, I hung out with both the kids (I had an amazing girl - all girls, and all of them very nice and friendly) and the other group leader (who happened to be 11 but I felt she was more mature for her age - she also happened to be the sister of a girl I knew from youth group).

We had daily Mass, which was nice in one way...except that I go to the Latin Mass, and I have some - errr - issues with Novus Order. Such as altar girls, for one thing. I may do a post on these said issues some time. The crafts and snacks were really cool. Aileen (the girl who was group leader with me) and I got to colour pictures in story time. xD (What?! I like to colour.) The entire camp was focusing on four of the prophets and their individual virtues - Elijah and his ________ (can't remember at the moment), Samuel's listening ears (the kids - except our group *smug smile* - were SO NOISY AND WOULD NEVER LISTEN DURING PRAYER AND SINGING TIME), Daniel's integrity, Moses's fairness, and Jonah's obedience. The craft for Jonah was so WAY COOL that Aileen and I did it, too - it was a fish that has one of those party blowers and "spits" Jonah out. We also made some key chains with beads on our last day (somebody came up with the idea at the last minute) - mine had blue and pink heart beads with the message JESUS <3 YOU.

i must go now bcz mia is calling me to come clean bcz we're going to make supper 2nite bye

4 comments:

  1. Haha, cool! I have issues with the Norvus Ordo as well. *sigh*

    Sounds like fun though. Whooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAAAAT?! I thought that when I posted this post (xD) with that comment in it, I was going to get a whole bunch of people mad who don't find a problem with Novus Order because that's all they're used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a cool camp! That is the coolest Jonah craft ever.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D