Some Awesome People

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Busy, Busy Summer


It may seem a little strange to all of you that I'm posting less in the summer than I did during the school year. Well the reason is, this summer is busier than most. I've got Social to look at until I get my results back and figure out whether I need to retake the exam or not, as well as Calculus and French to introduce myself to in order to prepare myself for college. I need to make sure I do well because of...well, the exciting news I'm just going to tell you about below.

Exciting news! (Pretend I didn't mention anything about such a subject just one sentence ago.) I have received not one, but TWO scholarships to the college I will be attending in the fall! The first one came automatically from my grades (actually, I may be getting another one from my grades - well, if my grades are high enough after those dumb tests that were worth 50% of my overall mark). The second one was pretty much a miracle because the scholarship committee was going to give preference to a student from a place I don't live. However, it must have happened that nobody from that place entered the scholarship, so I got it! And it's a pretty amazing scholarship just for those planning to go into teaching - but now I have to make sure my grades are good so that I get the rest of the money from the scholarship.

What else is new around here? Well, I just discovered the amazing game Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO for short). I'm now playing it with Mia and a friend from school, and we're going to make a fellowship as soon as I can go on next time. Anyone else play LOTRO? I'd be happy to "friend" you!

Now I've got to rush off...just reminding you all about the lovely GIVEAWAY that ends soon! Check it out now, and you could win some lovely saint rings or a bracelet from my friend Eleanor (who just happens to be that friend I'm playing LOTRO with).

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Scholarship!! :) I'd play but sadly I don't have a reliable internet connection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Voronda! :) Yes, I know. :( Well, maybe sometime you will have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, congrats on your scholarships! :D That is awesome! Oh man, having one test be 50% of the grade is a lot. I don't play LOTRO but have heard a lot about it - glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arda. :) Yeah, I know...it is. :-/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D