Some Awesome People

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Where Has She Been?

I'm sure this is what some of you have been asking yourselves...at least, I would wonder what happened when a girl who blogs daily suddenly stops for a few days and then comes back on with no explanation. I don't know about you. ;)

Well, the thing is - I've just been so busy I haven't had the time to post WHY I was gone. I finally do have a quick moment now, so I'll try to give it all in a nutshell.

Thursday afternoon, I got my new invisible braces-like things (they're actually called Invasiline or something like that, but I didn't know whether any of you would know that term). I had a sore throat, and the braces started hurting, so I wasn't feeling that great. Then Friday morning I wake up and I feel pretty awful...and it's not because of the braces (okay, maybe partly, but I was actually sick). So I had a sick day, but that got me behind, so even though I was still sick on Saturday, I worked on schoolwork most of the day. I'm much better now, but I still have some cold symptoms and I'm not quite back to myself.

The good news - I finished Les Miserables on Sunday with Mummy FINALLY! It was just amazing, frabjous, really. Of course, I had my problems with it (problems meaning not sticking to the book - oh yeah, I finished it on Friday because I had a sick day), but, of course, it's a musical so it can't go with EVERYTHING otherwise it would be veeeeeeery long (which would be fine with me...I think ;P).

So there's my quick update. No pictures and I can't do my whole let's-talk-about-what-I-think-about-Les-Miserables-now-that-I've-seen-the-movie-and-read-the-book post because I don't have time...that'll have to wait for later. ;)

TTFN! Ta ta for now. ;)
- Alyianna B.

6 comments:

  1. hehe I did wonder. :)

    I like the Les Mis movie better in some ways than the musical (mostly Fantine. Anne is the only one to make me cry over her.) But I liked the Broadway one better in other ways. The barricade boys are better in the musical, and Anthony Warlow is my all time favortie Enjolras. The kid in the movie just didn't cut it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Treskie: Glad someone missed me. ;) Hmmm...is there a link to a version of the Broadway somewhere on YouTube? I started watching the anniversary concert, and I thought it was good...but I didn't care too much for Colm Wilkinson as Jean Valjean. Of course, he's talented and good...but I just find his parts a little...boring, sort of.

    Aaron Tvevit? I thought he was awesome. *wink wink* But if you think this other person is better, I definitely should check him out. ;D

    - Alyianna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Katy: Thanks! :) I'm getting there, slowly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmm... It's very hard to find a version of Anthony Warlow as Enjolras.... but you can find him singing stuff from the Phantom of the Opera. He just has more of a "revolution" voice. EPiiiiiic.

    I didn't much care for Colm Wilkinson either. He kind of hiccups at the end of all his high notes... like, "TWO FOUR SIX OHHHH OOONNNNNNEEE-AAH!" and it's irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. K, I'll go check him out. :D

    BAHAHAHA! Yeah, I noticed that. :P

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D