Some Awesome People

Thursday, May 2, 2013

It Happened in a Blink (Something Important to Me)

Another chapter in my life...


Well, the chances of me watching Once Upon a Time look pretty dim. My dad hasn't checked into yet, but he thinks it's just one of the usual garbage TV shows since it's mainstream media. I don't blame him one bit, of course because almost everything mainstream IS trash, so it's a logical assumption.

I remember back when I started this blog - I was about fifteen then, and such a kid. Not that I'm not a kid still, but...let me get into details and I'll get around to that later. I remember back when I heard about Glee and I thought I was obsessed about it. I remember that I wanted to watch it so much because it was a musical and it looked so cool. I repeat again, I was SUCH a kid. I didn't understand how TV shows nowadays can show stuff that is so very wrong, and I acted very immaturely when my parents looked into it and said it wasn't appropriate to watch.


Yes, pretty girls have problems, too.


When I started contemplating over the fact that the chances of me watching OUAT looked dim, I had a moment of struggle and a moment of truth, one of those amazing things that I've loved reading about in books and watching about in movies. I still find it hard to believe that something like that happened in my life. Really, it seemed like the regular struggle-of-the-will thing at the time. But now that I look upon last night, I know it was something special.


Let the rain wash me clean...


For a split moment, I started feeling that ugly passion again - the one of immatureness that came upon me back when I couldn't watch that dumb show Glee (I laugh over how immature I was back then). Maybe Mary interceded for me because of all those devotions I made to her that morning for the beginning of May, her month. Maybe it was my guardian angel. Whatever it was, I turned away from that passion and I feel so blessed. And suddenly, I knew that it wasn't going to be the end of the world if I didn't watch this TV show. Suddenly, I felt older - more mature.


Searching for truth...


If my parents give an "okay" for this show, I'll be happy about that. But if my parents decide against this show, that's okay. Perhaps someday if I want, I'll watch this show when I'm an adult if I want. I say "if" without any fear because when I'm ten or more years older, I'll know more about this show. I'll be more mature. I'll be able to make a better choice than I can now at this young age of seventeen.

But until then, I will never forget this show.

I find it a little ironic for some reason that I just discovered this show three days. Three days of endorsing myself in a new fandom. Three days of preparation leading up to one special moment. Three days worth of material I will never forget.

I will never forget the beautiful, haunting, and mystical soundtrack (that I just found yesterday on YouTube). I will never forget Red Riding Hood's VERY cool Granny. I will never forget sweet Cinderella and Prince Thomas who is the nicest and kindest husband I have ever seen in a movie/TV show. I will never forget the Evil Queen. And most of all, I will never forget dear Belle and Rumple. Ever.


I will save the clips I have seen so far. I can watch them again. I only had one foot in this world, but sometimes it's enchanting and mystical to have things left as a mystery.

When I immerse myself in a new fandom, it can sometimes feel like I've found a missing piece of myself, a piece of something I love that I didn't have a fandom for to make it easier to immerse myself into that world (hopefully that sentence isn't too convoluted - I don't have my mom here to correct my grammar :P). Lord of the Rings and Narnia were my fantasy pieces. Les Miserables was my historical fiction piece, and also a piece for musicals. And OUAT was the enchanting piece I just discovered that related to my love for fairy tales.

I've been in a forest a little like this. So mystical.

Even if I don't get to watch this show, I'm still going to keep the "once upon a time" tag I made for it. I will use this tag for anything mystical or magical that I come across. Perhaps I'll use it for my growing moments, too. I can see the amount of posts for this tag increasing throughout the years, and becoming a tag I'll often check throughout the years.



Oh, and just so you know,  I have never poured my heart out like this to anyone. I have never admitted to the temptations that the devil sends us all. But I think it's right to say something like this to my lovely and devoted followers...and to my beloved mother, who reads this blog. It's me trying to break past my barriers. It's me stepping out of my comfort zone. I guess it's all part of growing up.




Once upon a time, there was something special. A special moment. It came from the grace of God. It happened in a blink. It happened in a blink.



I look forward to growing with a tag.



It's just around the corner...


Something waiting...


Something wonderful...


Something lovely...


Something new to be discovered...


Something that comes from the grace of God.









I found  these gorgeous pictures on this blog. (All pictures except Rumpbelle and green forest pictures.)



Take a deep breath.

One...
Two...
Three...
PUBLISH.

9 comments:

  1. You go girl. :) Maturing, having the courage to put this out there, and writing it beautifully. I salute you! :) I like OUAT and hope you get a chance to watch it, but I'm glad you're ok with whatever happens and have gotten to enjoy it thus far anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I"m not sure what to say here. I know these kinds of posts are hard, I've written some out, but never published. So, good job on that, dearie.

    Aah! I didn't mean to make you have feelings like that about the show! I was just fangirling when I wrote that post, and I didn't realize it would make so many people want to watch it. Sorry.

    If it makes you feel any better, I wanted to watch Glee soo badly too. But I looked it up on kidsinmind.com and was shocked. It's so frustrating when people add crap to movies and TV just to get more views. :(

    Anyway, I hope everything's okay now? I hope your parents give you the okay to watch it. And again, I'm sorry if I gave you any mistaken impressions of it. :)

    Cheers! oxo
    me

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very good that you obeyed your parents. We may not notice such things at times but we can depend and rely on our parents to keep usin line to God's path. Keep resisting temptations and remember if you fall, get back up again and try again. ask mother Mary for help too.

    God bless and thank you so much for opening up to us. it helps to learn from others too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this and it reminded me of your post. :)

    http://instagram.com/p/Y0SeyojodI/

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Arda: I thank you. :) I'm glad you think I wrote this well. :) I hope I get to have a chance to watch OUAT, too, of course - but if not....I enjoyed it while it lasted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Treskie:
    Ah, well, I am never going to hear the word "dearie" without thinking of Rumple ;) But it's a nice, cozy feeling, not a bad one. :P

    Definitely. The media is absolute garbage nowadays. I hate it. :-/

    Don't be sorry! You didn't give me any mistaken impressions, and you introduced me to something that I love. I thank you very much for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Hilda: I agree. :) And that picture/quote you gave me: I love it. :) It's a beautiful quote

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Post! And Bravo for sticking to your morals and respecting your parents wishes! :) That's not something you see much of nowadays!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D