Some Awesome People

Monday, April 29, 2013

Yes, You


I've been enjoying reading Les Miserables, of course, but I haven't had too many of the pleasant surprises since the very holy bishop of Digne. Perhaps this was because there were some things I wasn't too pleased with, such as the author's pro-Revolutionary and pro-Napoleon discussions...also his discussion on why it is faith (and not other things) that makes him impressed by nuns.

This morning, however, I had another of those WOW moments. Which was this one? The details of Marius and Cosette's relationship. It is so pure, so innocent, and so lovely that - I'm sorry, I love her writing, but this is the truth - that even Regina Doman's Fairy Tales Retold couldn't hold a candle to Hugo Victor's excellent writing combined with this beautiful relationship. Cosette and Marius actually remind me a lot of Marcus and Lygia from Quo Vadis. I have decided that these two couples are who my Marianne and Joseph from my FOTN are based on.


I'm sick of the songs produced by today's society. I'm sick of Keith Urban's "Don't fear it now, we're going all the way." I'm sick of One Direction's "Tonight let's get some." I'm sick of Selena Gomez's "Come and get it." I feel sick when I hear people sighing over just how much they love singers/celebrities such as "Lady" Gaga and Katy Perry.

I stand with Victor Hugo's:

"Marius and Cosette never asked themselves whither this was to lead them. They considered that they had already arrived. It is a strange claim on man's part to wish that love should lead to something."

No, I don't want to be a nun. I don't want to be single. I want to be married and have a family someday. What I want is the end of the corruption of society. The media produced by this society ends innocence at an early age. I dread the time when one of my future children will come to me with a dreaded word and ask, "Mom, what does this mean?" But at least I can deal with that. What is worse is that one of my children may have their innocence ended by the Internet, a movie, music, or by what their teachers tell them in school.

We need to stop the corruption of media. We need to stop the corruption of education. That is part of the reason why I'd like to be a teacher.

A lot of you may ask, "Well, what on earth can I do? I'm not a government official or anyone who can really make a difference."

My answer is: Oh yes, you can. You very well can.

Why did Hitler get so much land before Britain and the U.S. finally declared war on Germany? Because the leaders of those countries used the policy of appeasement. They thought if they let Hitler have one finger, he wouldn't take the whole hand.

Why is our society so corrupt? Because we allow it to be.

WHAT?! Many of you may cry. We never did such a thing?!

Yes, you. Our governments have started pushing in all of these evils. And we thought, "Ah, it's okay. Divorce will only be used in extreme cases." And now divorce is used all the time. We thought, "Abortion will only be used for victims of rape." And now one hundred twenty thousand babies are killed every day. And it isn't only people like Gosnell that are the guilty. It is the women who go to have their "problem" gotten rid of. It's the family members and friends that supported their decision or even pushed them to it. It's the people who never knew these women but think it doesn't concern them and so WHY NOT?

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Nice. Beautiful quote from Le Mis too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Arda. :) I was beginning to wonder whether I should have posted this or not or if I was being too forceful. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw there weren't any comments I was wondering if you were worried! :P You made some really good points. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, well thanks for thinking of me, Arda. :) I'm glad you think so!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D