Some Awesome People

Friday, March 1, 2013

Hee-haw


26 February 2013 

South Africa study finds donkey meat sold as beef




Donkey, water buffalo and goat meat have been sold as burgers and sausages in South Africa, a study says.

A study published by the local Stellenbosch University found that 99 of 139 samples contained species not declared in the product label.

It found soya and gluten were not labelled in 28% of products tested, undeclared pork in 37% and chicken in 23%

This was mostly in sausages, burger patties and deli meats, it said.

The disclosure comes at a time of a growing scandal in Europe about horsemeat being sold as beef. (...)

Continue reading: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21588575

2 comments:

  1. I mean, I love hamburgers, but DONKEY BURGERS?! Not so much.
    Oh, by the way, I was wondering if you could put a link to my site on Scribbles of a Catholic Teen. The link is becauseiamcatholic.weebly.com
    Love your site!
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I'm going to post an article about why it's not good to have horse meat in burgers (and such foods) tomorrow, most likely.

    I'd be happy to do so. :) I will go do that right now. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D