Some Awesome People

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter Everyone!


The Lord has RISEN! Aren't those words just amazing? Just think about it - if He had not risen, we would still be wallowing in our sin with no hope of redemption. Life would be just something we would have to go through, and nothing would be beyond the grave. But because Jesus is Life and has opened the Gates of Heaven for us, we now have something to look forward to. :)



One of my favourite quotes from my favourite books of all time is one that speaks about this new life after this life.

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.
Pippin: What? Gandalf? See what?
Gandalf: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
Pippin: Well, that isn't so bad.
Gandalf: No. *pause* No, it isn't.



Anywaaaay...you've probably had enough of my "eloquence". It's CHOCOLATE TIME! Feel free to take as many as you want - they're magic, remember? They never run out, AND they don't make you feel sick, however many you have. ;)


Gosh, I'm making myself hungry. Which reminds me - we've prepared a feast for dinner! We have ham, of course, and FOUR SALADS: potato salad (made my Mummy and Mia), Daddy's special bean salad (made by Daddy and Mia), beet salad (made by Mummy and Daddy), and then Mia's and mine special carrot salad (we made it extra special by putting not just either pineapple or apple, but BOTH...and lots of extra raisins). :) 

Our carrot salad looks kind of like this, except yummier. ;)

Daddy, Mia, and I went to the Polish church yesterday to have an Easter basketful of food to be blessed, as usual. In the basket were sausages, four Easter eggs that each of us had decorated (we each decorated one...even Mummy and Daddy this year!), an orange, an apple, a chocolate Kinder egg and chocolate orange (that Mia and I -  respectively - received from our secondary choir master at Christmas), and some rye bread. Oh, and a sugar lamb for decoration, but it's not edible. We ate all of those things (except the sugar lamb, of course) at brunch this morning before Mass, except for the chocolate and rye bread, which we'll have at dinner along with our ham and salads.

An example of an Easter basket at the blessing (though it DOES actually have rye 
bread in it, which is pretty surprising because I didn't realize it was that popular :P)

There weren't very many women from the choir at Mass today (because of midnight Mass), so we had to sing extra loud to make up for it. Usually, my friend Nikita is there, but her family always goes to the midnight Mass at Christmastime and Eastertime. Our main choir master (I call him main because he's really the boss; he's in charge of both the Novus Order and Latin Mass choirs) had this guy play the trumpet for the beginning and ending hymns, and it sounded really nice - like if angelic trumpets were playing in Heaven as we sang. :) Then, after Mass, our secondary choir master gave everyone chocolate Easter eggs. At home, Mummy and Daddy gave Mia and I a chocolate Easter bunny, so now we have LOTS of chocolate (but that's good, right? ;P)

You know what...I think I'll stop calling our choir masters (I say 'our' because Mia sings in the choir, too) "secondary" and "main" because it's getting a little confusing. Our "secondary" choir master is Mr. Goldring and our "main" choir master is Mr. Morgan. Actually, my mom and I have a little joke of calling Mr. Morgan Mr. Organ because he DOES play the organ at Mass besides being the choir master. xD

A random picture of an Easter basket blessing I found

Anywaaaay...I think that's pretty much it that's new with me. :) How have all of your Easters been so far? I'd love to hear from any (and all) of you!

Talk to you later,
- Alyianna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D