Some Awesome People

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

We're Making All the Same Mistakes

Most people probably listen to the song "Same Mistakes" by One Direction and take it for a love song about a couple making mistakes in their relationship. I don't.

To me, Same Mistakes is about every single person's life. Doing the right thing and not what you want to do is sometimes so hard, isn't it? Life is a never-ending struggle. We are all pilgrims on the way to our destination - Heaven. But the easy path isn't always the best. Sometimes we need to take the path that is overgrown with thorny branches. We need God's grace - the clippers...or sword? ;) (Yeah, I'm thinking of Disney's Sleeping Beauty.)

And it seems that we fall into the same trap over and over again, even though we've told ourselves that we won't. Perhaps Steven absolutely HATES studying for Social Studies. He tells himself that he'll do better, he'll study well tomorrow. But every study period, he tells himself that he can slack a little because next time he will start studying better and never slack again.

I only know too well how moody you can be as a teenager. Even a little thing can set you off. You tell yourself, I'll be okay. I won't let the change of radio station bother me. (Yeah, that can set me off, too, as stupid as it sounds. Well, it doesn't set me off tooooo much...) But..flip, and....AAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Circles, circles, we're going in circles
Dizzy's all it makes us
We know where it takes us we've been before
Closer, closer, maybe looking closer
There's more to discover
Find out what went wrong without blaming each other
Think that we've got more time when we're falling behind
Gotta make up our minds

Sound familiar?


Or else we'll play, play, play all the same old games
And we wait, wait, wait for the end to change
And we take, take, take it for granted that we’ll be the same
But we're making all the same mistakes




THIS is what makes this song one of my favourites.

5 comments:

  1. Good post! I like what you said about God's grace cutting through the branches like Sleeping Beauty. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arda. :) I actually wrote most of this post a long time ago, found it in my drafts, and thought, "Hey, why don't I finished this and post it?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, Treskie, this is off topic, but...I believe you sent me an email with some of your book and movie recommendations the other day. But when I next when on Gmail, it was gone! Perhaps I accidentally deleted it or something...could you perhaps resend it?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D