Some Awesome People

Monday, February 18, 2013

I Answer My Own Questions

All right...so I get a good amount of enthusiasm when I asked whether I should answer my own questions from the Shine On award. So here are my answers, after long last. (Hey, I had to make this post all awesome for you, that's why it took so long!)


1. Who are your five favourite authors and why?
Number One was, is, and will always be Tolkien. Why? Because The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings are the most amazing, creative, wonderful, and captivating stories ever written. And all of his other stories are pretty awesome, too. :)

Image 1: Rohan

Number Two would be Rick Riordan. I love how he re-tells Greek and Roman myths in a modern setting, in an interesting and amusing way. After my week of finishing the last few Percy Jackson books, Percy is now one of my new fictional friends. :)

Image 2: From left to right - Grover the satyr, Percy Jackson, 
Annabeth (wrong hair colour!)

After that, I won't put any order. Regina Doman because her fairy tales retold in a modern setting are just amazing; Christian M. Frank (actually a pseudonym for a group of writers) because the John Paul II High books gave me a hope for teen books. That's four. Last, but certainly not least, Kit Pearson, the favourite author of my childhood after Tolkien. I loved, and still love, her Guests of War trilogy, A Perfect Gentle Night, and Awake and Dreaming.

Image 3: Blanche from the Fairy Stories Retold series


2. If you had one day left to live, what would you do?
I would probably freak out first. Then I would start praying and making amends for my sins. Go to Confession and Holy Communion, receive the last rites. I'd want to spend one last day with my family, and die peacefully among them with a prayer on my lips.


3. What are your top twenty favourite foods?
This will be in another post I will do soon. :)


4. Which of these would you rather do?
        - save the world with Percy Jackson
        - spend a day riding horses and shooting targets with Merida (that red-headed princess in Brave)
        - travel Middle Earth with Gandalf (you're not going to spend much time in any place, though)

Grrr...my own question is much too hard. I'll take off #2 because it wouldn't be so much because I can't really use a bow and arrow. :P Number one and three would both be fun...but I'm not exactly the bravest person ever, so I think Number three would be better for me. :)


5. Which of these would you rather do?
        - work in the house with Cinderella but get to go the ball with her and end up marrying Cinderella's prince's brother
        - time travel with the Doctor (I haven't watched that show...yet.)
        - spend a day at home alone getting to do whatever you want to do

Ummmm...not two. Maybe one? That was pretty creative thinking to make the prince have a brother...*pats self on back*. (xD)


I also got re-nominated from Voronda, so let me answer her questions now. :)


1. If there was a Zombie Apocolypse what would you do? (My brother and I have just gotten into the Walking Dead! It's awesome!)
Freak out. It's pretty simple, isn't it? :P


2. What was your favorite thing you recieved for Christmas? (Since I was internetless during the holiday season)
Hmmm...maybe my mini Kobo. Okay, okay, Dad, you win...reading devices are pretty cool. But I still like regular books better. ;)

Image 4: HAHA! I have this book on my Kobo. ;)


3. If you could do anything this summer what would it be? All expenses paid and everthing?
I would...probably travel around my country with my family. :) Especially in the mountains area.

Image 5: Yes, this is my own photo. I LOVE hikes in forests in the mountains. :)


4. Do you like video games? If so what are they?
Besides a few Wii games at a friend's house, I've only played this one snowboarding game (and that was at a...at a...WHAT DO YOU CALL IT AGAIN?! Umm...oh...right! A show home! :P

They're pretty cool. :)


5. What would you rather do?
Be an Assassin in the:
-Crusades in the Holy Land
-Renisiensse Italy
-Revolutionary War USA?

Umm...I don't think I'd want to be an assassin, but I'll just think of this as time travel (SO COOL!). Probably Renaissance Italy...because I don't think I'd want to be in a war. I'm the type of person who would hide behind Gandalf. xD

6 comments:

  1. I'm so there with you, lol behind Gandalf. and I liked most of you're answers.

    what book have you read from Blessed Pope John Paul II?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't make myself clearer! *dramatic sigh* I missed a word or two there - the series is actually called John Paul II HIGH, or JP2 High, for short. I'll go change that right now to avoid further confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are in point of fact a good webmaster. The website loading velocity is incredible.

    It kind of feels that you're doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have performed a great job on this matter!

    Visit my blog - dicer más agradable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for answerng my questions! :)

    Lol, yeah freak out is the logical thing to do eh? Italy? It really would be a cool place to go eh? If I could time travel there I'd get Leonado Da Vinci paint a painting of me! Then I'd be a famous painting! Then everyone would be lke "Huh?! How did he paint you Voronda?" Mwhahaha! ;)

    >------> Voronda

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha :P That WOULD be really cool! Though I'd hesitate to have him paint a painting of me because of how some paintings are...*cough cough*

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D