Some Awesome People

Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me! :D

Well, today is my birthday, and I guess I might as well announce it myself. ;) Today I am SEVENTEEN. I haven't decided whether I believe it yet or not. Perhaps I've been thinking of my birthday coming up for the last week or so so I'm already comfortable with the idea. Or perhaps not. :P

My Goals and Plans and Wishful-Thinkings for This Year:
1. To study a lot more. Yesterday, when I started reading over this guide called The Key for Chemistry 30, I read over the study tips at the beginning of the book. One of them was to study regularly, even if you don't have any tests coming up - it works so you don't have to study a whole lot when a test DOES come up. It makes logical sense, and I want to do well on this last year of school so I don't have to stay in high school another year, so I'm going to try this. I know the novelty of the idea is going to wear off soon and I am going to hate this, but I am still going to try to stick with it. So help me, God. (And by the way, you were supposed to read that last sentence in a way that sounds superior and calm like those people reading speeches. :P)

2. To get school done faster. The above being said, I don't want to spend all the hours of the day studying, like during final exam time. I think that if I learn to understand material better, it won't take me so long to answer questions. This will especially be needed next semester, when I'm going to have daily math homework to send in and two quizzes a week for Bio....and I don't want to even talk about Social Studies. In addition, I've got my Special Projects/Catholic History.

3. To have an average of 80 in all my courses this year. Which doesn't look like it's going to happen with Chemistry, unfortunately...unless a miracle happens on the diploma.

4. To FINALLY study for and receive my learners.

5. To work a lot more on FOTN and my other stories (I've got two new amazingly awesome story ideas. ;0) - maybe even get a first draft done? I very much doubt it, but it could be a possibility...especially if I get my schoolwork done faster.

6. Perhaps to go to a concert - my first concert. I'm not sure if Taylor Swift is coming to where I live this year or the next (or perhaps not at all), but if she does, then that would go on the list. And if Il Volo ever comes to where I live...that would be a dream come true. ;) But, of course, I would first have to invest in a pair of earplugs - or so I'm told.

7. To read more. Last year, my goal on Goodreads was 40 books, but this year I'm aiming for 60 books.

8. To enter a writing contest. Not the Seventeen magazine contest I told you all about or ones of that type. I don't think I'll ever do one of those contests again. I might as well give up, and I might just do so because I don't have time to go begging people for hearts, especially now. But something more...real, if you know what I mean.

9. To find ANOTHER music artist I like. Yes, yes, I know...the list is growing, but I think the more artists in it, the better chance that a new album I'll like will come out, etc. Especially since Taylor and 1D have shown that they can't exactly be trusted.

10. To watch: The Hobbit, Les Mis, Great Expectations (2013), October Baby...

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!!!!

    I need to work more on my stories too. :D

    YOU MUST GO TO A CONCERT!!!! We went to Josh Groban's in 2011, and oh gosh, it was awesome. I don't' think you need earplugs.

    Let me know if you need new books to read!

    Also with Musical Artists, also let me know if you need some recommendations, depending on the genre, I can either have loads or just a few, but I always love sharing music. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALYIANNA!!! :D Hope you have an awesome day! Those sound like great goals - good luck with all of them! I hope you can see The Hobbit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a wonderful day, and your goals sound really good. I am never good at setting goals for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Haha thank you guys for all the good wishes. :)

    To Treskie: Yeah, Josh Groban is amazing. :) We have one of his concerts on DVD. :D

    Book and music recommendations...send 'em over here! I always love getting these. :D

    To Arda and Helen: Thanks. I'm actually not very good at setting goals for myself. Or, rather, I'm not good at fulfilling them. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Sounds like some awesome goals!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D