Some Awesome People

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Seventeenth Sunday after Pentecost

Feastday: September 23


But they were silent; for on the way they had discussed with one another who was the greatest. And he sat down and called the twelve; and he said to them, "If any one would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all." And he took a child, and put him in the midst of them; and taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me; and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me (Mark 9:34-37)."



Commentary on the Readings for the Seventeenth Sunday after Pentecost
"'Love. . .thy God. . .and. . .thy neighbor as thyself" (Gospel).



On these two (loves) depend the whole code and creed. Each time we walk in (this) law, we not only avoid. . .contact with the devil, but we answer the question: What do you think of. . .Christ? By deeds we profess our faith that He is My Lord  We bear with one another in love, because through Baptism God becomes the Father of all.



Excerpted from My Sunday Missal, Confraternity of the Precious Blood

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/calendar/day.cfm?date=2012-09-23#trad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D