Some Awesome People

Monday, July 2, 2012

Beautiful People - June Edition

Well, it's time for another episode of Beautiful People. But, first, I just wanted to give you a quick update on my writing.

The guide to writing fantasy and sf that I just finished reading had some very good points...but there was this one point from an editor that didn't make me feel so good about my FOTN. This editor said to concentrate on writing short stories and to not even think about having a novel published. I know that not everyone has to do that, but still...maybe I should be concentrating more on writing short stories? I don't know. :-/

I already started a short story/sort of fan-fiction type of thing a few days ago. The trouble is, my feelings about are mixed and I'm almost wondering if it's dumb or just plain rubbish. Actually, I'm not wondering. I know...or, I know/think that it is. But I'm going to get it done...if only for the sake of getting it done!

The knowledge (or just your thoughts) that your story is awful is not exactly the most cheering thought. Actually, it's terribly depressing. Though that rain last night and Ed Sheeran's "A Team" on replay didn't exactly help, either...but I wanted that mood to write a depressing scene, so I guess I just get what I asked for.

For this episode of Beautiful People, there are no questions. To be more exact, we can make up our own questions or take some from the question bank. I decided to do the latter, and instead of answering questions of FOTN, I'm going to do them about my story, if only to make myself feel a little better about it.

AND I'm going to do more than 10 questions.

1. Is there something he or she is afraid of? Rachel is afraid of her father. He is a drug and alcohol addict, and he does things to her (such as beating her, etc.) NOW YOU SEE WHY MY STORY IS SO DEPRESSING.
2. What is his/her family like? As you already know now, shattered. Her father should be in jail for what he does to his daughter. Rachel's mother is dead.
3. How old is he/she? Rachel is almost seventeen.
4. Does he/she see the big picture or live in the moment? As the story starts, Rachel lives in the moment. She doesn't see her life getting any better, in fact, it just seems to be taking a turn for the worse. But as the story progresses and her life seems to actually get better, Rachel begins to look for a future.
5. Is he/she a Christian, or will he/she eventually find Jesus? Rachel was baptized a Catholic, but as the story begins, she doesn't believe in God. However, she will turn around in this story.
6. Does he/she have a good sense of humor? If so what kind? (Slapstick, wit, sarcasm, etc.?) With her kind of life, it's hard for Rachel to have a sense of humour at all. But behind the mask and the barriers she puts up around herself, she does actually have a good sense of humour. And I know I'm making a fool of myself, but I don't how to classify the kind.
7. What kind of music does he/she like? Rachel likes sad music that can stir an emotion within her.
8. Is he/she independent, or needs others to help out? Rachel is more of the damsel-in-distress type, but she will do the best she can to help if someone she loves is in need.
9. If they could change one thing in their world, what would it be? Rachel hates the evil in this world, as she herself has faced quite a lot of it.
10. If your character could be played by any actor, who would it be? I think somebody like Abigail Breslin (but with brown hair) could work.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, exciting story! Sounds really cool. :) Great interview!

    Mime

    notebooksisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I checked out yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hay! (i'm also from notebooksisters.blogspot.com...and stopping over from the link up! :D) That's a great interview!! And I know how it feels to write a bit of a depressing story. (Very dampening.) But keep pressing on, eh?! I hope your story works out!!

    ~cait~
    PS I've heard that "beginning writers" should start with short stories and not novels. Good advice in the long run, but I think it's awesome (and important) to dream big!

    PPS thanks for following our blog! we love having you around. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi and thanks! :) Yeah, it was a little...dampening. Actually, I just finished the first draft last night...and if you're interested...? I'd love to have advice from a more experienced writer.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D