Some Awesome People

Sunday, June 17, 2012

LOTR Tag

I had to take this tag from Jemimah C. of Beautiful Blank Pages, who got it from Charity U of Austenitis. And just to let you know, I started this tag a LOOOOOONG time ago. I'm just finally finishing it now.

Books:
Have you read the books? Of course! :P
Provided you've read the books, which is your favourite? Ooh...that's a hard question. Very hard. The first time I read the books, it was either TTT or ROTK. I have no idea what it is now, though.
Have you read The Hobbit? Yuppers! I read it before I read The Lord of the Rings...as it should be done. :P
Have you read any Lord of the Rings companions? Not movie companions, but Middle Earth and book companions. Hmm...I'm actually not sure. I've read this companions that is a part book, part movie companion. I also have a Middle Earth quiz book.

Movies:
Have you seen the movies? Yup! :) I'm on my third time of watching the trilogy.
Have you read any movie guides? If so, which one(s)? Definitely! I have the official guide for FOTR, and I have that part book, part movie companion. And the best ever...The Lord of the Films by J. W. Braun.
Which is your favourite movie? Either FOTR or ROTK. No movie can give me such chills and thrills (:P) as ROTK, but I think I may be tempted to say FOTR.
What's your favourite scene from the trilogy? Oh that's hard...but it's going to be exactly the same as for the next question, so go down.
What scene do you find exceptionally touching? There are several...I can't just stick with one. Also, as I've watched different favourite scenes, I've found them more tear-jerking. The first scene that made me cry was Mount Doom - "Do you remember the taste of strawberries?" and "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" Next would be near the end of FOTN - "Go back, Sam! I'm going to Mordor alone!" "Of course you are! And I'm going with you!...'Don't you leave him, Samwise Gamgee,' he says to me. And I don't mean to, I don't mean to."


Then two more: the end of ROTK and near the end of TTT (this might be an extended scene, I can't remember): "I wonder if we'll ever be put into songs or tales. I wonder if someone will say, 'Let's hear about Frodo and the Ring,' and they'll say, 'Oh yes, that's one of my favourite stories. Frodo was really brave, wasn't he, Dad?' 'Yes, my boy, the famousest of hobbits. And that's saying a lot.'" "You've left out one of the chief characters! Samwise the Brave. 'I want to hear more about Sam. Frodo wouldn't have gotten far without Sam.'"


Yes, that's more than one. Obviously I can't count. :P And you know, I have so many more favourites (that are and aren't touching). So I think I'm going to have to do a whole post on favourite scenes. :D

Have you seen the extended movies? I own the extended edition for TTT. Unfortunately, it's on a tape and all our tapes are falling apart *tears*. But I've watched a lot of extended scenes for the other two movies on YouTube (before they got removed *tears again*).

Story:
Tell us your three favourite characters (good luck narrowing it down!) and why. Good luck? That's easy! Frodo is definitely first, then Sam, and then either Eowyn or Pippin for third.

I loved Frodo ever since I first read The Lord of the Rings. I was impressed by how brave he was, going on through the whole quest even though it was so difficult and the Ring was so very heavy. And when I watched the movies for the first time...yes, he's very good looking. :P (Yes, I like guys with dark hair...and curly hair... :P)

The great friendship between Frodo and Sam is my favourite in the entire trilogy, which leads to Sam being my second favourite character. He comes very close to Frodo, as he was the one, who helped his Master complete the quest. And he is so very loyal...

Then either
Eowyn: Even though she's a woman, she knows how to handle a sword. AND she defeats the Witch-King of Angmar and marries Faramir (how cool is that?!).
or
Pippin: He's funny...and a Fool of Took. Of all the people in LOTR, Pippin has the character closest to mine. :P And you've got to love his Scottish accent...
or
Merry: Just because I've started really like him after playing him in this LOTR rpg some students from my school is doing. :)



Who bugs you the most, in the terms of being really annoying (but not necessarily wicked)? ELROND. I like him in the books, but in the movies, he is so high and mighty and annoying. Just my thoughts, so I mean no offense.


What are your feelings on Boromir? I used to hate Boromir. But when I watched the movies, I could see that he was really a weak human falling into sin (we all do it, don't we? Even Frodo... :O) P.J. did a really good job of the character of Boromir.
Who do you like better, Aragorn or Faramir? Faramir. :D Though P.J. ruined his character in the movies... :'(
Which Lord of the Rings weapon would you most like to learn to use? Sword. Maybe. Because a bow and arrow might be pretty cool, and you don't have to get so close to enemies. So maybe the bow and arrow...
What do you think about Eowyn? I really, really like her. She's really brave...and she can fight...and she's pretty.
If you were going into battle, which character would you want to take with you? Gandalf. Because he's an Istari. ;)


Which girl is your favourite? Eowyn.
Which hobbit is your favourite? Frodo.
Which location is your favourite? The Shire, though Lothlorien comes in a pretty close second.




Namare,
Alyianna

4 comments:

  1. Oh, cool! You have the coolest posts! Do you mind if I do this also on my blog? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D thanks! And sure thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Tag! I might do this but I really busy at the moment but maybe later this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okey dokes! Yeah, this is my busiest week yet. SS exam tomorrow, Bio the next day, Math on Friday. So stressing... >.<

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D