Some Awesome People

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Passion Wednesday - Bible Verse (Redone)

Gospel Reading:  John 8:31-42

 Jesus then said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples,   and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."   They answered him, "We are descendants of Abraham, and have never been in bondage to any one. How is it that you say, `You will be made free'?"   Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, every one who commits sin is a slave to sin.   The slave does not continue in the house for ever; the son continues for ever.   So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.   I know that you are descendants of Abraham; yet you seek to kill me, because my word finds no place in you.  I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father."  They answered him, "Abraham is our father." Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would do what Abraham did,   but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God; this is not what Abraham did.   You do what your father did." They said to him, "We were not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God."   Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. 


The truth will make you free.

One must always tell the truth, no matter what. A truthful life means that you stay in grace, and out of sin. Many people avoid the truth in our world today. They prefer to "go with the flow" and be popular by doing what their friends do. So many children are not taught properly by their parents because their parents avoid the truth.

When I was very young, my parents went to this place that sold light fixtures. As I waked quietly with my parents and observed everything around me, the saleswoman that was talking to my parents told my parents that she was amazed how well-behaved I was. She said that most children would be screaming and running around the place. (I'm not saying this to brag, I'm just giving an example.)

When you commit a sin, you should be sorry. But if you start committing it more and more, you will start making excuses to yourself, telling yourself that it is okay. Then you are lying to yourself, and living a lie.

So if I skip studying one day for a test so that I can have more free time, I may tell myself, "Oh, it's okay. It's just one day. It's not going to make a difference." But then the next day, I may think, "Yesterday was so much fun! I'll just skip studying today also. I won't do it again, and I can still study tomorrow for an hour or so before my test." What's going to be the result? If I have such an attitude, I will do badly on the test AND it probably won't be the last time I skip studying for a test. If I don't stop myself now, I will keep doing it more and more. It's easy to justify sin.

Some people think that the Ten Commandments are too harsh. They think God is being too hard on them. If a man is driving his car on a ramp, and he decides to disregard the sign and speed up, he could cause a serious accident. The sign is there for a purpose. This is just like God's commandments - they are there for a purpose.

God tells us in the fifth commandment, "Thou shalt not kill." But many women nowadays kill their own babies in abortion. They think it's their choice to do so. But what did their innocent baby ever do to them?! And guess what? They're going to have nightmares and feel terrible for it for the rest of their lives. Guilt will catch up with you sooner or later.

Harming others or yourself is also against the fifth commandment. So if a girl starts eating less and exercising like crazy to get an extremely thin waistline, she is slowly killing herself.

Then there's the biggie in today's society - "Thou shalt not commit adultery." (6th commandment) So many teens and adults commit this sin EVERY DAY. So many teen girls think it's okay to give their purity away before marriage. IT ISN'T! So many men think it's okay to dump their wife and get a divorce so they can "marry" the next "hottest" woman. Guess what? Divorce isn't real! "For better, for worse. The richer, the poorer. In sickness and in health, until death do us part." And just let me ask you this? Exactly how long is this new "couple" going to stay together? Not long!

So sin has consequences, and one will have to pay the price for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D