Some Awesome People

Friday, February 24, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Grit

Grit: A firmness of character that impels you to pursue your goals. Such a person faces trials just for the reward of the end, or to help someone he/she loves.

To get to Heaven, you need grit. You need to be firm in your faith. Yes, Jesus did die on the Cross for us...but now it is our turn. We must show God our gratefulness by doing our best to live a good life. Not, "Maybe tomorrow". Today. What if today was your last day? You will not know the hour nor the day of your death. You might even die in a moment. Not, "I'll try". I WILL do it. And so I pray:

God, I know I'm going to fail many times during my life, but I know You can help me. Please help me to perseverance against any and all trails and tribulations. I know I am very weak, but You can make me strong. Please give me grit.

2 comments:

  1. I like what you've written here very much! I am a Catholic convert for 4 years this Easter and I pray often for God's aid in keeping up my faith. I think following your blog will be a great help to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very glad you found my blog then. :) I will pray for you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make our day brighter! Please keep them pure and nice. :D